Position: Manager of Impact and Data Operations
The News Literacy Project (NLP) is seeking a manager of impact and data operations. There is intense public interest in NLP’s work, and we are experiencing tremendous growth. This is a great opportunity for you to join a nonprofit as it centralizes its data management to better drive our impact.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of the following:
- Strong analytical skills through a demonstrated ability to identify problems, analyze information, evaluate results, and implement the most effective solutions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills through a demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines and deliverables under tight time constraints.
- Exceptional communication skills, particularly across internal teams and with leadership members, with a demonstrated ability to ask critical questions, obtain pertinent information, and interpret and explain complex information while anticipating questions and areas of concern.
- Advanced training in CRM systems and demonstrated proficiency in data management. EveryAction experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of online survey platforms and survey tactics.
- Experience with a virtual work environment (both technology tools and personal skills).
We’re looking for someone who will hit the ground running, is unafraid to experiment and has a collegial nature, a sense of fun and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
This position reports to the vice president of development and will work closely with the senior manager of database operations (currently on family leave) and other team members across the organization.
Founded in 2008, the News Literacy Project is a national nonpartisan education nonprofit that empowers educators to teach middle and high school students how to sort fact from fiction in the digital age. Our central offering is the Checkology® virtual classroom, an online e- learning hub. Since the platform was introduced in 2016, almost 40,000 teachers have registered to use it in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, four U.S. territories and 120 other countries.
About the position
This person will work across organizational verticals – programs, development and administration – to codify impact metrics and data collection practices, determine the best methods for data management and help the organization proactively identify and address its impact needs during a period of growth and the launch of a new strategic plan.
In this job, you will:
- Consult and collaborate across teams to determine impact and data management needs, suggesting and implementing solutions.
- Manage data imports and exports, ensure different platforms sync and share data correctly, and maintain data integrity in all aspects of the work.
- Produce monthly reports and other reports as directed.
- Work closely with leadership and other key stakeholders to identify relevant data points to communicate externally across a variety of platforms and forums.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of Database Operations on fundraising and email communication specific tasks.
- Interpret complex data and generate data-driven insights to inform decision making.
- Manage and produce monthly reports and other reports as directed for primary and supplemental organization metrics that are reported.
In addition to the qualifications noted at the beginning of this job description, the successful candidate will have all or most of the following:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience through a combination of experience, training and certification.
- Background in data analytics and/or evaluation.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a data management or evaluation role.
- Extensive experience with CRM systems, EveryAction experience a strong plus.
- Strong background in survey platforms and survey tactics, including designing and administering survey questions and analyzing survey data.
- A demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion concepts and an ability to put them into practice.
- A self-directed and detail-oriented spirit rooted in collaborative, collegial practices.
Compensation and benefits
The starting salary for this position is $65,000. NLP offers outstanding benefits, including health and dental insurance, a 401(k) plan with match, performance bonus and more.
This is a US-based remote position with minimal travel required throughout the year to participate in staff retreats.
To apply, send a cover letter with salary requirements and a résumé to email@example.com with “manager of impact and data operations” in the subject line.
The application deadline is 5 p.m. ET on Monday, Jan. 31, 2022.