On this page you’ll find an overview of our organization, information about our programs, and links to media coverage and other updates. Journalists should call or email Carol McCarthy, our communications director, to arrange interviews with NLP staff.
- Checkology free for U.S. educators affected by COVID-19 school closures
- Scripps, NLP launch National News Literacy Week
- Informable, the News Literacy Project’s new app, helps users sort fact from fiction
- Scripps, NLP join forces to promote news literacy education
- The News Literacy Project produces a free guide for developing news literacy education programs
- Before you vote, double-check your facts
- AllSides showcases "Understanding Bias" Checkology lesson
- Teen Vogue: NLP a resource to combat misinformation
- Silva advises public on how to cope with misinformation overload
- NLP weighs in on the coronavirus and social media
- Peter Adams discusses the coronavirus on Univision News
- USA Today article on 'social media pandemic' features NLP
The News Literacy Project Logo Kit Download ZIP
*Note: Due to a change in the start of our fiscal year from Jan. 1 to July 1, NLP’s FY2018 tax return covers only a six-month period of financial activity, from Jan. 1 through June 30, 2018.