Last Updated: May 21, 2018
By using the Sites, each visitor (sometimes referred to as “you” or “your”) consents to the collection and use of personal information by NLP in the manner stated here.
INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM VISITORS TO THE SITES
PASSIVE INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE, AND CHOICES
As you navigate the Sites, certain Personal Information may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered without your actively providing it. This is done using the following techniques in the following ways:
- IP Addresses: An IP address is a unique identifier that certain electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. When you visit our Sites, we may view the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. We use this information to determine the general physical location of the device and understand from what geographic regions our website visitors come. We also may use this information to enhance our Sites. We do not use this data to identify who you are as an individual.
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and operating system type and version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version. We do not use this data to identify who you are as an individual.
- Social media widgets:Our Sites may include social media tools, including social media widgets or plug-ins, to connect you to your social media accounts. These features may set a cookie or use other automatic collection and tracking technologies to collect information about you and your use of the social media features through and in connection with our Sites. These social media tools may be hosted by a third party. Your interactions with these tools and the corresponding social media platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide such platforms.
You can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. You can also set your browser to turn off cookies.
You can visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for information on how to opt out of Google Analytics cookies.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you information that you request, to register you for an event, and to fulfill your donations.
- To send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Sites, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and other administrative information.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, record-keeping, developing new products or services, enhancing the Sites, improving our products and services, identifying Sites usage trends, personalizing your experience on the Sites, and determining the effectiveness of our fundraising campaigns.
We may use any information that does not personally identify you, your computer, or your device, for any purpose.
NLP SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
NLP provides certain personal information to the following:
- Those third-party service providers that provide services to NLP, such as our hosting service and video streaming service providers.
- A party with which NLP enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction — such as, for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase.
- A third party pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, in response to a request by or on behalf of any local, state, federal, or other government agency, department, or body, whether or not pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process.
- If it is determined by NLP in its sole judgment that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of NLP or any other person or entity.
USE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
NLP is based in the United States. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing and transfer of your Personal Information in and to the United States and other countries. The laws of the United States and other countries governing data protection may not be as comprehensive or as protective as the laws in the country where you live.
NLP will take reasonable steps to protect the information collected and provided via the Sites from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, you should understand that no transmission over the Internet is ever fully secure. Also, NLP uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the Sites are generally available. However, there will be occasions when access to the Sites will be interrupted or unavailable. NLP will use reasonable efforts to minimize such disruption where it is within its reasonable control. You agree that NLP shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Sites.
LAWFUL BASES FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The laws in some countries require us to tell you about the lawful grounds we rely on to collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process your Personal Information. To the extent those laws apply, our lawful bases for processing your Personal Information are:
- To enter into and perform a contract with you: We may process Personal Information to meet our contractual obligations to our users, or to take steps in anticipation of entering into a contract. For example, we process Personal Information on this basis to create an account or process a donation.
- To comply with a legal obligation: We need to use and disclose Personal Information in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
- For our legitimate interests, where those interests are not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms: In many cases, we handle Personal Information because it furthers our legitimate business interests. This includes:
- Providing a safe user experience on our Sites.
- Customer service.
- Protecting users, our workers, and our property.
- Analyzing and improving our operations (e.g., optimizing the design and operation of our Site).
- Managing legal issues.
- With your consent: Where permitted by law, we handle Personal Information on the basis of your implied or express consent.
YOUR DATA RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You can unsubscribe from certain emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link they contain. You can opt out of the use of certain cookie-related processing by following the instructions in the section above called “Passive Information Collection, Use, and Choices.”
The laws in some countries may give you particular rights with respect to your Personal Information, including the right to access the Personal Information that we maintain, and the right to object to certain processing of Personal Data by NLP. If you would like to submit a data access, correction, restriction, or deletion request, or an objection, you can do so by contacting NLP at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process such request with respect to any Personal Information that we are able to link to you individually based on the information that you can provide to us. These rights and options that you have with respect to Personal Information are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. In addition to those rights, if you live in certain jurisdictions, you have the right to submit a complaint to your relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first at email@example.com and we will try to resolve your concerns.
If you have any questions or concerns about these terms and conditions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.