Working at News Literacy Project
Working at NLP doesn’t just offer competitive benefits and a flexible work life. It’s an opportunity to work with a group of remarkably dedicated people on one of the most important issues of our time.
NLP is a virtual workplace, meaning that most of our staff work primarily from home. When in-person collaboration is needed, we do have shared workspaces in Washington, New York City and Chicago.
We thrive on a supportive environment where each staff member is made to feel welcome and is a valued member of the team. We deeply value diversity in the workplace and strongly believe that a diverse team enriches our organization and strengthens our ability to realize our mission (read/print NLP’s organizational values [PDF] and Commitment to Diversity [PDF]). While we are extremely mission-driven, we still take time to have fun.
Current staff agree:
“NLP has given me the opportunity to grow in ways I couldn’t have imagined and the flexibility to maintain a good work/life balance.”
“As a veteran, I know how important it is to work toward a larger goal with an exemplary team. At NLP I get both, and my love for working in administration is connected to a mission that truly matters.”
While working at NLP, you can expect all this, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salaries based on experience and position.
- 401(k) plan with annual employer match.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and employer-funded HSA.
- Annual professional development funds for each employee.
- Generous PTO including paid holidays, floating personal days, vacation days and sick days.
- Potential for annual performance-based raises and bonuses.
- Flexible virtual work environment supporting a positive work/life balance.
For an overview of our generous benefits package, check out our HR benefits summary (PDF). Browse through our open positions to see if you (or someone you know) might be a fit. You can submit your résumé here for general consideration. All submitted résumés are kept on file for six months.